SNAP® Integrated Development Environment In Action
SNAP‘s flexible integrated development environment can be leveraged to build decision support and real-time data monitoring applications that can be used in a broad range of domains. For the last ten years, fortune 50 companies in industries as diverse as finance and transportation have looked to SNAP as the platform for distributed, peer-to-peer decision support applications.
To help illustrate the flexibility that this platform provides, we’ve put together a series of short case studies using three very different scenarios.
A growing service provider with a focus on prompt customer service needs an electronic document management system to control customer service requests and general correspondence. A system powered by SNAP can be built to:
- Interface with external systems, including email, e-forms and existing customer data bases
- Automate the receipt, process and distribution of incoming requests
- Apply custom business workflow to distribute notifications and electronic documents to dispersed employees or functional areas.
- Schedule automated follow up correspondence
- Provide a warehouse where electronic documents can be stored and retrieved
Result: A document management system that automates your organization’s optimized workflow to support fast and informed customer service responses.
A national railway company with dispatchers managing the transportation of millions of travelers and cargo per year needs a flexible solution that offers real-time traffic monitoring and operational decision support. A system powered by SNAP can be built to:
- Interface with external systems, including GPS, radio and ticketing systems.
- Provide real-time graphical displays to show current and projected train routes
- Generate alerts for any delays or problematic changes in the physical infrastructure
- Enable immediate analysis and response to delays and provide automated notification and distribution of traffic management changes
- Analyze traffic patterns over specific time frames to support
operational changes that aim to improve future service
Result: A traffic management system that offers real-time control with the decision support tools to continuously improve operational performance
A wholesaler who manages the purchase orders and distribution of products to locations around the globe needs a decision support system to link incoming orders with distribution options to maximize on-time delivery and transportation costs. A system powered by SNAP can be built to:
- Interface with existing data bases, including electronic orders, customer data bases, inventories and distribution costs
- Create a distributed workflow system which supports the functions of order entry and tracking, logistics planning, distribution, inventory equipment, invoicing and accounts receivable
- Isolate and track the life-cycle of an order from it’s receipt into the system to it’s delivery and final invoice
- Run reports on historical data to support business and operational
decisions that aim to improve efficiency and cost management
Result: An integrated system that provides critical insight, analysis and decision support for the wholesaler’s life-cycle management of an order.