RPlan® In Action
RPlan can be used to manage complex global projects encompassing multiple schedule levels and functional departments. Because it is integrated with SNAP® I2M, you can simplify and automate the initiation of schedules based on external data.
To help illustrate the flexibility that RPlan and SNAP I2M offer, we've put together a series of short case studies involving three different scenarios.
A large manufacturer manages their product programs with a strong reliance on functional groups coordinating their work to support the overall product development process and program plan. RPlan and SNAP I2M can be configured to:
- Create schedules at multiple levels for each functional department
- Functional groups manage top level Functional Plans for each Product Program Plan
- Lower level schedules are linked to the Functional Plan, allowing the functional department to manage issues internally, while keeping fully apprised of program status
- Unresolved issues at the lowest schedule level can be elevated to the Functional Plan and to the Program Plan for resolution
- SNAP I2M allows users to create business logic (rules) to identify required schedules at all levels and recommend schedule templates
- SNAP I2M can automatically link schedules
together to support the functional group schedule hierarchy
Result: A program management system that integrates the activity of functional departments while keeping decision making at the right level of the organization.
An automotive OEM with a portfolio of over 1000 product introductions in the next five years needs a global program management solution. RPlan and SNAP I2M can be configured to:
- Receive incoming portfolio plans, and part / tooling information from multiple systems.
- Organize data by program in a structured hierarchy (the metaplan)
- Create user-defined business logic (rules) to assess metaplan components, identify required schedules and recommend schedule templates
- Allow users to apply rules to create new schedules in RPlan.
- Link schedules together using rules that consider shared attributes,
product development processes and business practices.
Result: A set of best-practice integrated schedules that can be quickly put in place to support program ramp up and on-going management.
A manufacturer works closely with a wide supplier base to tightly manage program status. RPlan can be configured to:
- Reduce redundant data maintenance and costly scheduling delays
- Directly integrate supplier schedules in a secure distributed environment
- Establish supplier delivery deadlines and manage ongoing status to quickly recognize schedule delays
- Restrict schedule information you don't want your suppliers to see
- Suppliers can manage their own internal work assured that they
are apprised of any required deadlines and schedule changes
Result: A program management system that integrates the activity of suppliers while respecting and maintaining the autonomy of each company.